Saturday, July 18, 2015

10 Things I've Learned from My (Almost) Two Year Old



My son and I are 35 years apart. I'm supposed to be his teacher, but I think in many ways that is backward. Here are 10 things he's taught me in his short time on earth.

1. The messiest activities are the most fun. 

2. Being naked is better.

3. Swimming can always turn around a bad day. Every time.

4. Children are natural helpers, they want to work with you.

5. You can play hide-and-seek anywhere. Anywhere.

6. Popsicles rock. 

7. Spending an entire day outside can kick insomnia in the you know what.

8. Running through the sprinkler on a hot day is as fun now as it was 30 years ago.

9. Goodnight Moon is actually creepy and disturbing.

10. Life offers a multitude of reasons to clap and giggle every single day. 
(Some of our faves - dogs, sneezing, fake sneezing, wiggling toes, belly buttons, animal sounds especially monkeys and elephants, burping, dancing, jumping, shhh-shing, crunching food, the wind blowing on our faces, walking down the street, car rides, tickling, funny faces, peek-a-boo, yogurt.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment